Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Many jewellers, one website

Options
  • 14-11-2010 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody had use the new engagement ring website. I saw a post on my facebook page about it last week. Website has rings from jewellers across Ireland on one website and wondering if anybody had any experience with it. Its www.perfectring.ie and had jewellers being added weekly.
    Also, would love more jewellers to get websites. The way people buying engagement rings in this century is deffo on the web. Walking from shop to shop is very 1980's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

. Walking from shop to shop is very 1980's.

Going by your username you wouldnt know much about shopping in the 80's .....

Technology has a time and a place and although some people would be happy enough top buy online without seeing or trying on a ring but most wouldnt. This isnt like buying a cd on amazon its a one off expensive purchase that has extremely sentimental value to people.

Most people do not buy rings on the web where you get that perspective from is beyond me. I dont see that changing either its all well and good looking at a GIA cert for a diamond but that doesnt compare with actually trying it on and seeing what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

Still, I like the idea of being able to find a few designs that you like online and then head into the shops to try them on. Saves time and energy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

DM addict wrote: »
    Still, I like the idea of being able to find a few designs that you like online and then head into the shops to try them on. Saves time and energy

very true that isnt what the OP means though but Id agree with that point.

Advertisement