Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Focusrite Saffire Firewire Audio Interface registration issues

Options
  • 14-11-2010 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody have one of these, lads? I bought one second hand and can get it to run as I dont have the registration details.. It prompts me every time, the lad I bought it from doesnt have the details either but never had any problems

I know it's a fairly specific thing, but if anybody could help I'd appreciate it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

Anybody have one of these, lads? I bought one second hand and can get it to run as I dont have the registration details.. It prompts me every time, the lad I bought it from doesnt have the details either but never had any problems

I know it's a fairly specific thing, but if anybody could help I'd appreciate it..

I wasnt aware you needed any registration to use the interface.
    Do you mean the plugin suite?

I had a problem with the plugins a year back I think. I was doing a lot of OS reinstalls and the plugins needed to be activated each time. Emailed them and they reset my plugin quota minus one since I was actually using the same machine.

Which interface is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

sorry should have mentioned that... I thought I'd included all the details, but with a bit of further research it is called the Focusrite Sapphire LE and it looks like this ..

SaffireLE.jpg

I will try and get a screen capture of the error..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

sorry should have mentioned that... I thought I'd included all the details, but with a bit of further research it is called the Focusrite Sapphire LE and it looks like this ..

SaffireLE.jpg

I will try and get a screen capture of the error..

Hmm, I am not too familiar with those ones I am afraid.
    A quick email to Focusrite Support may help. I alway found them very friendly and willing to help.

If it is looking for a code for you to use the interface they may give it to you over email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

the registration its asking for is for the included saffire plugins. not the interface.

as they are PACE protected you need to get the code from previous owner. if he already registered it will cost you $25 to transfer the license as the license allows 4 installs but only for 1 user. but to be honest they're pretty bad and not worth it at all. (you could explain your situ to focusrite but PACE are stringent about transfer costs as its how they make money)

i would just uninstall them to be honest. make sure its only the plugin bundle you uninstall and not the saffire drivers though!

once they're gone they'll stop asking for authorisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

bbk wrote: »
    Hmm, I am not too familiar with those ones I am afraid.
    A quick email to Focusrite Support may help. I alway found them very friendly and willing to help.

I contacted them and they WERE very helpful, which I was not expecting from previous experience ... Think I've got it sorted.. thanks to everybody who replied..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

As I always say, Support should be the first call, not the last.

Once you're clear about your problem and have necessary tech info handy it's invariably the quickest way to get a result.

It also has the upside of making a personal contact with the Support person, which may possibly be useful in the future.

Glad you got sorted!

Advertisement