Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing...

Options
  • 14-11-2010 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

...talkirish.com....

Níl scamall ar bith sa spéir. They said this means: "there isn't a cloud in the sky"

So if I wanted to say "there is a cloud in the sky" would this be correct?

An scamall ar bith sa spéir.

I'm noticing that the rhythm of the words is important. I like the way the sentences aren't like verbal bricks like English tends to be. I'm also trying to override <with limited success> the last language I had to learn in school. I used to be fluent in Mexican Spanish but that was the last language I had to consciously learn so some of the habits I gained from that process are hard to overcome.

Binse is sounding more like an obscene name in Spanish than the "been-sheh" it should. Working on this before someone beats me some handy blunt object when I ask about a bench....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Tá scamall sa spéir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭AWard

Thank you!

It's kind of exciting seeing something written in Gaeilge and being able to know what it means...

OK, I know...I'm odd...back to my studies.

Advertisement