Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video and Film course

Options
  • 14-11-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi all, i'm currently in 6th year and i'm looking into possibly going to DKIT next year for the Video and Film course. I'm just wondering if there is anybody on here that is doing it or has done it and just give me you're opinion on the course? I live in Castlebar, Co. Mayo so i'm considering going to GMIT but i've heard it isn't the best course, so if DKIT is well recommended it may well be the deciding factor in going.

Any advice welcome.

Matthew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

I'm a creative media student in dkit and i have classes with the film crew for film studies and photography. if its what you want to do dkit is the place you want to be. the facility is top of the range and the lecturers and students are sound as feck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SaucyB

Im in first year in the film and video course, Just finished semester 1 and i don't like the course at the moment. I have a huge passion for film and being creative but in this course i don't feel we are aloud to be creative, in our workshops we have to do things to certain rules, we can't be expressive, we only made one short film in semester 1 and that was shot and edited in camera.

The people in the course are sound, some passionate about the course, some living in dreamland thinking the film industry is east, and other's not really bothered. But there all sound people.

The lecturer's are grand for the most part.

My biggest problem with the course is that i think we should be making a lot more than we are, it is very theory based.

Any questions directly to it , just ask me.

by the way GMIT's course would be much of the same as DKIT's from what ive heard.

Advertisement