Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted UCC

Options
  • 14-11-2010 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

After going to St Kevin's (abandoned mental asylum said to be haunted in Cork City btw) with some people I met from boards.ie just before Halloween, I was wondering if there are any haunted places in UCC itself.
    Perhaps the West Wing? Obviously, just because it is from the mid 19th Century doesn't mean that it has to be haunted. The Kane Building is much less old, and that has to be haunted.
    So does anyone have any stories etc? A poltergeist in Brookfield, or the ghost of a schoolboy in the Connolly Building? I don't mean to sound flippant, but as a first year I'm curious, and it's not like there is a paranormal society I can ask.

Thanks,
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Not that I know of but now that you mention it, the windle building is the only buling left from the old prison, if you look from the kane side you can see the old prison church, which is on the northern end of the windle building. Considering this building houses the colleges cadavars the whole thing gives me the creeps, there were certainly a number of executions carried out in the old prison exercise yard which is more or less where the elec eng building now stands.

Another fact I heard recently is that when they were doing up the old house part of the brookfield complex for the new healt science building, the builders fround a small dinghy lifeboat way up in the attic. Apparently the guy who first built it suffered serious paranoia and had the roof built around a boat in case of a big flood.(Ironic really)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

West Wing 9 on a Wednesday morning is definitely haunted, some pityful looking ghouls in there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 daniel.ocarroll

also interested in this. potential feature for cork student news. haven't heard of any myself..

Advertisement