Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twas cold last night outside

Options
  • 14-11-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Went to Aherns bar near Newport, bit of a meet, froze hard outside, was glad for a winter douvet in the camper, now to find out how to turn the gas heating on in the B544

Beautiful drive back to Cork, hardly a cloud in the sky, anyone using their campers at this time of the year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dungarvanlass

bogman wrote: »
    Went to Aherns bar near Newport, bit of a meet, froze hard outside, was glad for a winter douvet in the camper, now to find out how to turn the gas heating on in the B544

Down in Guadamar Spain, woke up to lovely sunshine about 20 campers down by fishermans cottages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Down in Guadamar Spain, woke up to lovely sunshine about 20 campers down by fishermans cottages.

Well for you. Counting down the years until retirement. Plan on retiring during the month of August and heading off in September for 6 months or so in the camper......

Oh the dreams..

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

bogman wrote: »

Beautiful drive back to Cork, hardly a cloud in the sky, anyone using their campers at this time of the year?
    heading up north at the weekend for a bit of a break (and retail therapy for the females)!!!!!!!
    anything for a bit of peace and quiet!!
    but looking forward to it as good value for money on the sites up north,
    unlike the last time we were away we went to fota wildlife and got ripped off by that shower in carrigtohill jasmin villa,
    they charged for our daughter who was 13 months at the time €3 was the charge, i wouldnt mind she couldnt even walk at the time, and i didnt realise until i had looked at the book next morning when we were leaving,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

I got caught like that in the Glenross campsite in Glenbeigh, Co. Kerry. Charged for our 10 month old:mad:. Never stayed there again.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

If you go shopping to The Outlet up at Antrim town, there is a campsite about a mile or so from there. It is situated beside Lough Neagh water amenity and is council run I believe. They charge £20 per night and is immaculate!
    Up there about 2 weeks ago and got a few things at the outlets but the place in Banbridge is closer to Dublin and is probably better.

• Advertisement

TigerTim wrote: »
    I got caught like that in the Glenross campsite in Glenbeigh, Co. Kerry. Charged for our 10 month old:mad:. Never stayed there again.

T.
    thanks for that tiger tim, guess we will avoid that place as well as i think its pure greed, and they wonder why people wont come back,

i dont ever intend to stay in jasmin villa again,

muint wrote: »
    If you go shopping to The Outlet up at Antrim town, there is a campsite about a mile or so from there. It is situated beside Lough Neagh water amenity and is council run I believe. They charge £20 per night and is immaculate!
    Up there about 2 weeks ago and got a few things at the outlets but the place in Banbridge is closer to Dublin and is probably better.
    thanks for that muint we'll have a look at that one also,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Parked up in Timoleague last night, rural pubs, good night, winter duvet ensured a warm night was had, beautiful & sunny driving back today, anyone else head away

Advertisement