Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back boiler - qualpex?

Options
  • 14-11-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

hi,
    i am currently installing a small solid fuel wood burning stove with a back boiler to heat water in my house
    the stove is not very big, maybe 6 - 8 kw.
    i was planning to run the flow and return to the cylinder in copper for the first meter and a half and qualpex the remander of the way (about 6 metres).
    recently someone mentioned that it would be a better idea to use copper for the full run, but that it was really up to the plumber to decide.

does anyone know of any problems using qualpex for this.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

DO NOT USE QUALPEX ON A SOILD FLUE STOVE.

as you have no control over the heat of the stove the tempertures could get to over 82. and a pex pipe is not designed for that temperture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

They are thinkin of a boiler , you have control with a boiler so qual after a meter and a half is ok . Back boiler defo go with copper

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭kscobie

no qualplex on a solid fuel stove/back boiler, no exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I would not use qualpex unless the manufacturer of the stove says you can.

Aside from what we say if you decide to use it make sure you have support under it as it crosses beams.

Advertisement