Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to write a review for a womans mag

Options
  • 14-11-2010 1:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

have to write a review for a womans magazine on a book for homework. can write a basic review but how do i make it for women

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I didn't realise there were different reviews depending on gender. :pac:

As a matter of interest, what's the book?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to Creative Writing (assuming they're OK with that). It doesn't fall under the purpose of the Literature board unfortunately.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What's the exact assignment? Are you given the book's name or do you just have to review any book?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

have to write a review for a womans magazine on a book for homework. can write a basic review but how do i make it for women

This sounds bizarrely sexist. Maybe you should write an article from a lad's mag instead; they're easier to pin down in terms of style.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

See if you can get your hands on some of the more recent Ross O'Carroll-Kelly books.
    "Rhino What You Did Last Summer", "Mr.S and The Secrets of Andorra's Box" and "This Champagne Mojito Is The Last Thing I Own" all contain brilliant parodies of the chick-lit genre and a number of stereo-typical revues of same. What makes them such a good guide is that they're scathingly accurate in their portrayal of that market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sirina

i read your post please make your self clear do you want to write a book on women or you want to get review from them..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

What book are you reviewing and what magazine are you reviewing it for? Don't assume there is a "Style" of review for women, though certain magazines have their own house style.

Is this just homework, or are you actually expecting to submit to this magazine?

Advertisement