Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haye v Harrison - Fan behaviour

Options
  • 14-11-2010 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Am I the only one who thought the harsh reception Harrison got at the end was bit unfair?

Audley was arrogant I know, but the guy was humiliated enough as it was without thousands of people needlessly booing him after his loss as well as chanting "you're **** and you know you are" at infinitum. For crying out loud, this is a family man with a young daughter and he was being treated like he's the scum of the earth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Conero wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought the harsh reception Harrison got at the end was bit unfair?

Audley was arrogant I know, but the guy was humiliated enough as it was without thousands of people needlessly booing him after his loss as well as chanting "you're **** and you know you are" at infinitum. For crying out loud, this is a family man with a young daughter and he was being treated like he's the scum of the earth.

Hmm I understand what you are saying but those "fans" paid decent money to see a fight and they didnt get one. What they got was a man who had one last shot at the big time with no heart who folded at the first sign of a punch. I mean Haye barely hit him, Id say they felt angry and conned and it was the only way they could voice their opinion. Had Haye knocked him out or caught him with even half a punch then they would have applauded him, but the way he went down was absolutely cowardly.

At the end of the day, I dont think Audley will be too worried about what the fans sing, he knows himself that his career is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Conero wrote: »

the guy gets paid in excess of £1,000,000 for throwing 4 jabs and standing for 7-8 minutes - so really getting booed and rightly being called shi*e is a small price to pay - i would glady take his place.

Hes lucky he wasn't born in roman and gladiator times ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Anyone who paid to go and see that 'fight' hasn't a clue about boxing. It was NEVER going to be a good fight. I lost any respect I had for Haye as soon as he picked this fight. Harrison has been finished for years. There are journeymen out there that were more deserved of a title shot than him. Haye was simply after a big payday. He's got his title and he's after some easy wins and big money. It was clear from the moment it was announcement that this was never going to be a good contest.

And for those of you saying he should've put up more of a fight, yes, fair enough he should have. But in his defence he was probably going on the basis of "if I let my guard down, i'm f*cked". I'd imagine he was after one lucky big punch to win the fight. In reality he never had a hope.

This fight was the equivalent (apologies to those who know nothing about F1) of Lewis Hamilton challenging a Lotus to a race. It's an immediate no contest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭pbffan

He actually landed just one punch in the entire fight

I made 50 quid from his KO though, so I'm delighted with Audley's effort:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Although why did David Haye come in at 15st 8oz? 11lbs lighter than last time.

Surely if he knew Audley was going to the ordinary he would have been the same, if not a 2-3lbs heavier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭shano_88

pbffan wrote: »
    He actually landed just one punch in the entire fight

I made 50 quid from his KO though, so I'm delighted with Audley's effort:D

I know **** all about boxing and even i recognised value in this fight! easy money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Boooourns

CorkMan wrote: »
    Although why did David Haye come in at 15st 8oz? 11lbs lighter than last time.

Surely if he knew Audley was going to the ordinary he would have been the same, if not a 2-3lbs heavier.

He was heavier against Ruiz because he picked up an injury and had to stop sparring a for a couple of weeks before the fight.

Advertisement