Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

android marketplace

Options
  • 13-11-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Hi, i cant seem to download anything from the market place.
    App or game just says downloading but the bar never moves. This happens with wifi or data connection( am using phone to post this). Is there aomething blatantly obvious im missing? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Try clearing some space on the phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

The phone is new. Loads of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Sometimes what I have to do when this happens is go into to settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> Market then click the Uninstall Updates button. When you open up the market again you;ll have to accept the terms and conditions again because it's gone back to it's factory state but then just try and download your app again.
    Usually works for me anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Sometimes what I have to do when this happens is go into to settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> Market then click the Uninstall Updates button. When you open up the market again you;ll have to accept the terms and conditions again because it's gone back to it's factory state but then just try and download your app again.

+1 This will work. Happens to my market once or twice a week!
    Any word on a more permanent fix or even a new market update that doesn't cripple half the users of it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

http://www.appbrain.com/

install the FastWeb Installer and you can install straight from the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

when this happens i just cancel the download and click install again, usually sorts the frozen download. seems to happen a lot more now than when i got the phone first but mainly when i have a load of updates going on at the same time. (i have apps on sd btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Still no joy with this. I dont see an uninstall updates option. Just uninstall, which is greyed out. There is a clear cache which i did, causing me to need to agree to t&c's but didnt make a difference. Any other ideas? Do i not need a log in somewhere like you would with the app store?

Advertisement