Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBP (model 2,1) -- Trackpad & keyboard GONE

Options
  • 13-11-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I don't know what's happened, but my trackpad & keyboard have just stopped working on my MBP.

I was sitting on the bus, just watching movies, went to change apps and they just won't respond, at all.

Only things I can think of:
    Logic board failure (aka, I'm fecked now)
    10.6.5 update (I did the 1Gb combo update)
    New cheapo battery (though it won't work even without a battery).

Can anyone recommend a diagnostic for me to run?

*EDIT*
    Fixed.
    Turns out it was a loose ribbon cable in the battery bay -- in effect, it WAS due to the replacement battery! :rolleyes:
    http://goo.gl/7hzD0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Possible the keyboard connector on the board popped out with vibration it is not the most "stuck in" connector on the board.

pop the screws and take a look (you wont void your warranty) its visible right above the battery its an appx inch wide ribbon cable

The fact the trackpad went as well is worrying though :-S .. did you do a reset? hold power button till off .. hold again until after the power light flickers and it turns back on.

-nice job :) -

Advertisement