Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey question

Options
  • 13-11-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Hows it going guys. Im doing a project at the moment for college which is kind of a research proposal on the nazca lines. I have most of what i need for the direction i want to take it except im quite stuck on one aspect. I was thinking one of the questions i should be asking is if the lines were constructed within a short space of time i.e are they contemporary to each other but im not sure what investigation, analysis or technique you could use for that. Does any have any ideas to point me in the right direction?

Cheers everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Hi Dr. Gonzo,

Just did a quick google there, it appears the lines were made across a fairly long time period (it doesn't state) but that so far archaeologists and others have used pot sherd types found swept into the lines and radiocarbon dating of wooden posts which occur at the ends of some lines to date them. Link here, go to page 5:

http://bruceowen.com/andeanae/326-06s-17-Nasca.pdf

Advertisement