Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRAMMAR Question

Options
  • 13-11-2010 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hello. Right, I, like lots of people out there, have been writing poetry for a while. Clocked up a good few hours over the years. I, however, paid very little attention when I was in school. As a result my grammar and such aint not the not best grammer. My question is what is best way brush up on the fundamentals in your opinion. Would you be better taking a course, or just looking this stuff up in your own time, or some other avenue?? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Buy or borrow a book on grammar. You already know the basics, it's just a matter of brushing up on the fine points.

There's a website called www.grammarly.com which will grammar and spell check your work, but it's fairly academic in approach, so it might not work well for poetry. It hates it when I write "can't" or "wouldn't" for instance. It's a pay site, but you can get a free week, and use it to see if you need to get a subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RoodBoi

thanks for the reply. i'll buy a book on pay day then. probably the best. :)

Advertisement