Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knives off the internet

Options
  • 13-11-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Im just wondering if I can purchase a knife or knives off the internet and have them shipped to Ireland? If anyone has done this please tell me. Im looking at the site 888knives.com they say they ship to Ireland but I think it could still be stopped by customs. Also are there certain knives aloud through and certain ones not? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

i have purchaced knives online from england and america. they all got through fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Finchig

What kind were they (eg: locking, automatic, fixed, slipjoint)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Thats a dodgy looking site there finchig. I am myself looking at buying a folder as well from internet, but was also wondering about getting it through customs. Looking at a spyderco or Benchmade atm. Has anyone had experience with knifecenter.com

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

i have bought all sorts. folding and fixed. nasty evil looking things some of them. no problem coming in. i have not bought from the sites listed above. cant remember where i got them.

888knives seem to have quite a bad rep. or so it would seem from doing some searching about.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

I've bought loads of knives from the internet and never had a problem with delivery.
    I used to love looking at (and buying) the knives on ebay, I was really disappointed when they stopped doing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Mick0

Finchig wrote: »
    Im just wondering if I can purchase a knife or knives off the internet and have them shipped to Ireland? If anyone has done this please tell me. Im looking at the site 888knives.com they say they ship to Ireland but I think it could still be stopped by customs. Also are there certain knives aloud through and certain ones not? Thanks.

This is an old post but I bought a multitool from eBay in America but never received it. The seller refunded me (thankfully) but reckons it was probably stopped by customs because of an issue around importing knives into Ireland. It was only a pocket leatherman!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 KillianDoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

I'm not really sure that's an 'Outdoor Pursuits' question.

At least, I hope its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

I cant recomend heinniehaynes highly enough, first class customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Moocawn

I have been researching for a while at buying folding knives off the internet, don't think it will be a problem to get a basic one through customs. The website I'm probably going to go with is http://newgraham.com/store/ for the simple reason is that everyone of bladeforums recommends him highly and I don't think postage will be that bad to Ireland. I was put off knifecenter.com is because of the delivery cost, it's about the same price as a knife! I will let you all know how I get on with newgraham.com!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Moocawn wrote: »
    I have been researching for a while at buying folding knives off the internet, don't think it will be a problem to get a basic one through customs. The website I'm probably going to go with is http://newgraham.com/store/ for the simple reason is that everyone of bladeforums recommends him highly and I don't think postage will be that bad to Ireland. I was put off knifecenter.com is because of the delivery cost, it's about the same price as a knife! I will let you all know how I get on with newgraham.com!

The only thing about ordering from outside the EU is that you will likely have to pay customs duty (12.5%) and VAT (21% on the new total).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maximus Prime

Will otk or automatic knives get stopped by customs or will the be fine?

Advertisement