Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire rooting problem

Options
  • 12-11-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Ok, as some of you know i sent my phone back to HTC for a new motherboard, got it back today.

It came back with HBOOT 92.00, i managed to change it to HBOOT 80.000, now here is where the problems start.

I had it rooted before i sent it away, now i can't root it for the life of me!

i downloaded the latest root kit "r6-desire-root-alt", load the fastboot start step one and it starts to flash, then i get this error "FAILED <remote: main version check fail" it continues to do the flash, then it restarts the phone, i go into the bootloader, then recovery, i get the blue recovery screen, then i do a wipe data/factory reset, then i go to apply the update.zip, it goes to verify the package and fails on the signature, so i can't go any further.

Anyone got any fixes, this is wrecking my head! all i want to do is run titanium and restore all my stuff!

Comments

Advertisement