Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

macbook pro 2009 dvd drive...

Options
  • 12-11-2010 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hello! have a problem with my dvd drive...for some reason i can NOT insert any dvd inside...it just won't get in! only gets half way through!
    seems to be locked or something...
    so brought laptop with me into town...
    the mac shop and compub would charge me for opening the laptop (50€ in macshop 75€ in compub) while tech expert on baggot street told me to just buy an external dvd drive...which kinda makes sense since a apple superdrive apparently costs around 150€
    any advice to give me? where could i find a cheap external dvd drive compatible with mac?
    cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is it possible there's something stuck inside? There was a poster recently who had a card slide into the DVD drive while the MacBook was loose on his bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 frenchy88

thanks for your answer. i have no idea to be honest, it might be possible...no matter what looks like i'll get chargedat least 50€ to have someone opening my mac and inspect it.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

frenchy88 wrote: »
    thanks for your answer. i have no idea to be honest, it might be possible...no matter what looks like i'll get chargedat least 50€ to have someone opening my mac and inspect it.
    thanks

You could always take a look yourself: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Installing-MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Unibody-Late-2008-and-Early-2009-Optical-Drive-Replacement/826/1

Advertisement