Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNES RF cable setup issue!

Options
  • 12-11-2010 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi guys, just bought a SNES a couple of hours ago and it came with an RF cable, I tried plugging it in to the back of my HD samsung's antenna port, when I turned on the snes the little light came on but nothing appeared on the screen, I flicked through the channels and noticed that on channel 20 I can kind of see the game but its mainly static and white noise. Has anyone any idea how I can get it to work or has come across this problem before? I'd be super grateful to anyone who can help!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll have to tune it in manually. Most of those new tvs have an automatic tuner. Use that and when it finds the snes save it as a channel so you don't have to do it again. With an RF cable the picture quality is going to be shockingly bad, you would be better off getting an RGB cable online for it and you won't have to go through the tuning in crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You'll have to tune it in manually. Most of those new tvs have an automatic tuner. Use that and when it finds the snes save it as a channel so you don't have to do it again. With an RF cable the picture quality is going to be shockingly bad, you would be better off getting an RGB cable online for it and you won't have to go through the tuning in crap.

Thanks so much for your reply. I have decided to leave it for this evening and have a look for an RGB cable in town tomorrow. The housemate might have one lying around as well so that might work.

Again thanks for your advice and help!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll be very lucky to find one in a shop in ireland, maybe a second hand shop if you are very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

does the snes work with the rgb cable?

The SNES outputs on UHF channel 36 (591.25 MHz). But the picture quality is rubbish.

It does work with the RGB cable but there are some issues, cables designed for the GameCube have to be modified slightly.

• Advertisement

Here's a guide to modifying a GC RGB cable for use on a SNES. If you have a soldering iron it's extremely easy to do. You don't even need any solder, just heat up the solder holding in the capacitors and then rejoin the cable to the pin using the solder that's left behind.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/nintendo/pal-snes-rgb.htm

Advertisement