Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham friday/ Saturday.

Options
  • 12-11-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Some great racing on here over the next 2 days.

My picks for today.

1.15 Rustarix 16/1
    1.50 Ballyadam brook 12/1
    2.25 Pocket Aces 40/1
    3.00 Joe Lively 5/1
    3.35 Pro Pell 12/1
    4.05 Reve De Sivola 11/4

Also anyone know a good pub in Dublin city center for watching tomorrows racing in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

Also want to here what people think of picks. What they would pick ect. Not enough discussion IMO .
    Have been waiting for this meeting for a while now and can't wait till tomorrow .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I only do system betting so I have no real opinion but Ballyadam Brook, Joe Lively and Pro Pell look like good value e/w alternatives to the obvious favs

I always tend to go each way my self so look for value most of the time. Got awesome George in the gold cup tomorrow @ 50/1 with paddy powers . Best value of the weekend IMO especially since there paying 5 places.
    Rustarix and pocket aces are my outsiders of the day .
    The rest I've got high hopes for.
    Would agree that the rest are good value . The main reason I back them, would rather have a 20/1 second then an odds on winner.

Get in :D

Fatastic run by cue card.

Bit disappointed but the jocky on Ballyadam brook messed up badly pulled up to hard about a quarter of the way round .

Happy with the place money tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

Well done so far today i hope you can keep it up always nice to see somebody get money off the bookies :D

Well done so far today i hope you can keep it up always nice to see somebody get money off the bookies :D

Thanks mate . Profit is always good playing with bookies money now. A little annoyed with myself as I only did min stakes bets today . Was keeping my money for tomorrow witch shall be spent in a pub watching day 2. :)

Having another look at the next race filntoff mightn't be a bad shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Cheltenham 3.00

Sizing Australia @ 6/1

Fantastic finish to a race. Realy entertaining stuff . Got it slightly wrong in selection but still a great race.

• Advertisement

Nulty wrote: »
    Cheltenham 3.00

Sizing Australia @ 6/1

Did you have it each way?

almat1981 wrote: »
    Having another look at the next race filntoff mightn't be a bad shout.

Shows what I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Super finish !! Had a tenner on Ladoudal at 5/1 so was even sweeter. Bet of the day for me is Rhum in the next at Cheltenham traveled super in his last race just didnt get home in the bog over 3miles top Conditional Jockey on board and is a solid e/w bet at 14/1 paying 5 places.

His last race for those won can watch it.
    http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/?va=CHP_2010_11_03_05_1520

Not gonna see the last two races.
    Won't know what happens till I get home.

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Super finish !! Had a tenner on Ladoudal at 5/1 so was even sweeter. Bet of the day for me is Rhum in the next at Cheltenham traveled super in his last race just didnt get home in the bog over 3miles top Conditional Jockey on board and is a solid e/w bet at 14/1 paying 5 places.

There goes my profit on Lacdoudal !!

almat1981 wrote: »
    Did you have it each way?

On the nose.

Some racing tomorrow! seriously competitive and I don't expect to find one winner but I'll try :)

The Morson Group Handicap Chase is a serious head scratcher...I don't know whats worse - not being able to find one horse to back or finding that you want to back half the field! I really like Razor Royale. Unfortunately I wasn't on him for his Boylesports win last year but backed him almost every other time bar his last run.

12/1 looks a decent enough price but tough to call. He ran a blinder in the Scottish National but faded in the last part of the race. He's down 3lbs from that. Reckon he's a very good bet

Burly I know what you mean want to back 2 or 3 in each race( actually am backing 3 in the 2:35 ). I don't know with is worse, have actually been sitting here for about 10 min discussing it in my head will have to go with the likes of today where there is too much choice, nothing worse than seeing the horse you were gonna Back romping home while the one you did is in last.

Picks for today decent prices but not a bargain by a long way.

12:50 Zakeeta**@*16/1

1:20 Balthazar King**@*7/1

1:55 Tricky Trickster**@*11/1

2:35 Finger Onthe Pulse**@*16/1( couldn't make up my mind so went with the one that won me the most money may still back mad max as well if I can find better than 9's anywhere )

3:10 Sir Harry Ormesher**@*11/1

3:40 Crystal Rock**@*9/1

Good luck to all should be a great days racing if nothing else.

Pena Dorada in the first. In the tracker but too competitive for a bet.

Missed the first race :-( . Plan a was my second choice how did zaaketa run.
    Nutly how did your one go?

Batazar king has differs out to 17's not a good sign.

• Advertisement

Good run well happy with the place money especially since bet 365 will pay the bigger price.:-)

Goldcupfav wrote: »

After the praise i gave him yesterday i dont back him in the big one !! Got my money back on Mad Max instead !!

Hard luck goldcupfav . Personaly I discounted it from the off would say there are a lot of happy people now who backed dancing tornado . Got mad max at 10/1 last night so pretty much broke even on that race although went nothing like I thought it would.

Bit of an anticlimax realie.

Advertisement