Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire Z vs Samsung Galaxy

Options
  • 12-11-2010 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

which would the better phone be?

I currently have the first generation iPhone so looking to upgrade.

Also is the Desire Z better/equal to the standard Desire except with a keyboard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

HTC have good pages on the Desire / Desire Z.
    http://www.htc.com/www/product/desire/specification.html
    http://www.htc.com/www/product/desirez/specification.html

Desire Z has a slower processor (800mhz vs Desire's 1ghz) but comes with updated software, 1.5gb internal storage (Desire's at 576mb), and a keyboard. Desire is a great phone, I assume the Z is too. Slower processor but I don't think it'd impact much. The updated software is also good a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

The processor is actually just as fast as that of the Desire, since it's a newer chipset. It's not quite as powerful as the Galaxy S, but I would still much rather a phone made by HTC than Samsung.

That is true. I ran linpack on the desire & desire-z yesterday and got the following results:

Desire-Z: ~34MFLOPS
    Desire: ~35MFLOPS

In everyday usage I haven't noticed any performance drop. Angry birds runs much more smoothly on the -Z thanks to its updated GPU too.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Cool so it sounds like the Z is just a Desire with a keyboard. Will it be good for running emulators?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yeah, should be. Keyboard would come in very handy for emulators. Good selection of them in the market too... the usual Nintendo, Sega, NeoGeo and a PSX one too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement