Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gwyneth Paltrow Singing Like She's Done It For Years Professionally!

Options
  • 12-11-2010 12:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Gwyneth Paltrow - Country Strong - CMA Awards 2010

Singing like she has done it for years and sounds the part.
    Great stuff! I was amazed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Reminds me of a dying Cat parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i love her.

no,

really.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Biggins you should hear her singing in "Duets"...She does an awesome version of Kim Carnes, "Bette Davis Eyes"....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

She's a tad weak on the high notes but that said, very impressive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

For a first attempt at live singing a country song, while possible not perfect, its a hell of an attempt given the time scale of her learning curve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Biggins wrote: »
    For a first attempt at live singing a country song, while possible not perfect, its a hell of an attempt given the time scale of her learning curve.

First attempt? The reason she sounds like she's been doing it professionally is cause she's obviously been practising and taking intensive lessons. No problems with enjoying the song but no one should be acting like she just stood up on stage and took the mic off someone else...

First attempt? The reason she sounds like she's been doing it professionally is cause she's obviously been practising and taking intensive lessons. No problems with enjoying the song but no one should be acting like she just stood up on stage and took the mic off someone else...
    You will acknowledge my actual fuller previous statement said "first attempt at live singing a country song..." please?
    She had to down a pint of Guinness beforehand just to try and calm her nerves before she went on stage - so for her first attempt at doing so live with those, what I can only assume was massive nerves, its a very good attempt indeed.

One can practise in the confines of a room (or with other's) but its a whole different ball game when you step up in front of a live viewing audience! A massive one at that!
    Credit where it is due to her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

well done gwyneth!! she is married to a brilliant singer dont forget and Im sure he has been helping her practise. I know cold play is not everyones cup of tea but I love them.

You will acknowledge my actual fuller previous statement said "first attempt at live singing a country song..." please?
    She had to down a pint of Guinness beforehand just to try and calm her nerves before she went on stage - so for her first attempt at doing so live with those, what I can only assume was massive nerves, its a very good attempt indeed.

One can practise in the confines of a room (or with other's) but its a whole different ball game when you step up in front of a live viewing audience! A massive one at that!
    Credit where it is due to her?

I know what its like to play live, and no I'm not going to give added credit to a professional entertainer being able to entertain.

I know what its like to play live, and no I'm not going to give added credit to a professional entertainer being able to entertain.
    Meow! :pac:
    Not even credit to her for expanding her skills even further and then doing it live?
    Gee, what does it take to impress you? :pac:

• Advertisement

Not even credit to her for expanding her skills even further and then doing it live?

A lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Personally from a singing and performance point of view I think she does a good job, not fantastic. But when you consider that she's singing at the Country Music Awards in front of established country singers she does an amazing job. That's like disappearing a coin for David Copperfield.

A lot.
    :pac:

Well we won't fall out about it.
    We can agree to disagree. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

A lot.

did reese witherspoon impress you in walk the line ?

If she sang the song, standing on her head, while playing the guitar, and drinking a glass of water.

And firing ping pong balls out of her lady garden.

Then, and only then, would he be impressed.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    If she sang the song, standing on her head, while playing the guitar, and drinking a glass of water.

Dunno about Brian, I'd then make her my new god! :D:D:D

more godlike than Wagner??

Come on Biggins, don't be silly!

more godlike than Wagner??

Come on Biggins, don't be silly!

Sorry, I was letting the female of the species get the better of me! :o

:D

I like the way your mind works.

Advertisement