Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus S - Looks 100% Legit this time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ugly, very ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Too rounded, looks cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Specs are a bit meh, good for existing Android owners though - at least there's a good chance your handset won't be below spec for future versions of the OS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Looks like a Galaxy S with a flash!

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye it looks Fugly and cheap like all the Galaxy S do, likely to be a slightly updated Galaxy S, certainly not worth anyone with an SGS or a Desire paying cash to upgrade to, I'll wait until next spring / summer myself.

Good news for SGS owners as ports of future Android upgrades will now be much easier as its always been for the Desire due to the Nexus One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Am really disappointed by the materials and finish of the Samsung phones. This looks like more plasticy crap. It's certainly not the big step forward that the nexus one was in its time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Haters going to hate...

But seriously, I know the SGS doesn't feel good in the hand, but of those complaining about the quality of the materials who has actually experienced or seen any faults stemming from it- not counting display units. I'm wondering is the weight a significant factor in forming peoples perceptions because it's not as if the construction is all bad e.g. they use Gorilla glass on their displays unlike the regular glass on the desires. The only thing that would keep me away from an SGS is having to get rid of Truflow, not the materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

yawn..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Nothing to hate. I just find their phones underwhelming. HTC have set the bar high in terms of build quality and software innovation, I just wish Samsung would follow suit, although they are the number one android manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I have to say I'm really growing to like the Galaxy, having come from a Desire it did feel a little lightweight at first, but with a gel case on now it has bulked up nicely and feels much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

All the Nexus S does is prove how far ahead of the curve the Nexus One was in terms of hardware and design quality.

Advertisement