Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts and Crafts Forum - Christmas Fair! **READ MOD INSTRUCTIONS POST 1!**

Options
  • 11-11-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

This thread is to showcase the weird and wonderful creations of our Arts and Crafters who would like to sell a few bits and bobs in the run up to Christmas.

There are STRICT RULES in this thread and any abuse of these rules will mean instant infractions/bans and posts deleted.

How to post:
    Set up a thread on Adverts - Arts and Crafts section (sister site of Boards so no need to re-register etc.)

Reply to this thread with a description of what you have made and a link to your ad on adverts. Also make sure to post an image of the item!

Rules:
    • Items must be made by you – no commercial selling.
    • NO inclusion of personal websites, blogs, eBay shops etc.
    • All sales must be undertaken on the Adverts thread and follow the Adverts rules for selling.
    • Discussions of items more than welcome but please keep any criticisms constructive.
    • NO personal details (email/phone/etc.) to be posted.
    • Remember the Forum Charter and enjoy!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

I am sorry but this is just over the top - like some kind of anal retentive control freak thing going on. All the people want to do is promote arts and crafts fairs and not abide by some kind of absurd security clearance procedure.

Obnoxious and silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

These steps were put in place so as to avoid issues when selling. If used correctly this could be a great thing for artists and craftspeople on the site to get some bucks together and hopefully make people happy with our items :)

There is nothing controlling about it, as was said about it, the rules are put in place so as to avoid problems that is all. I will be putting up some of my work over the weekend and will be following the same rules as everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    I am sorry but this is just over the top - like some kind of anal retentive control freak thing going on. All the people want to do is promote arts and crafts fairs and not abide by some kind of absurd security clearance procedure.

Obnoxious and silly.

Moderators spend all day trying to delete rubbishy posts so I suggest you post elsewhere if you don't like it.

back on topic or be banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement