Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to SKY+HD

Options
  • 11-11-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I'm sure some people are in the same position as me.

Thinking of upgrading from SKY+ to SKY+HD. I'm wondering how do I transfer all my recorded programs from my existing box to the new HD box. Is the only option to use a DVD recorder?

Also, I heard a rumour that SKY+HD will soon have no monthy fee, while they try to push SKY 3D to the masses. Any truth in this?

One more thing, is it absolutley necessary to have a phoneline to get SKY+HD?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Use this program http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/

The HD sub will stay for the time being-Sky making too much money from it to drop the sub.

No need for phoneline unless you want multiroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭godskitchen

zerks wrote: »
    Use this program http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/

The HD sub will stay for the time being-Sky making too much money from it to drop the sub.

No need for phoneline unless you want multiroom.

I was thinking the other day, about multiroom and the phone line.

I know you have to have a phone line so the box can call home to make sure you are still in the same place and not just giving the box to a friend........

My musing was this, if you had a phone line at the time of install, with Eircom say, and had the number, what is to stop you changing to a system like blue face and using that number anywhere you like.......

I was not thinking this to rip Sky off, I dont have it or ever intend upon getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

you can transfer your programmes from one box to another but you need a pc to do so or else transfer to dvd from the sky+ box. regarding the HD subs they will be with us for a long time yet. making a fortune on them. they might go in about 5 years or so

Advertisement