Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone skiied in Montana or the states?

Options
  • 11-11-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

I hear skiing in the states is a lot colder.

We are heading to Montana and I am wondering if anyone has been skiing/ boarding there before and if anyone has any advice on resorts or gear we might need that you wouldnt need in Europe. Will we need extra heavy jackets etc?

Also seems there is no info on shuttles to the slopes - anyone know whether they run these in the states - lots of info on carparking,

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 stephencaso

was in big ski before, where you flying into, I did not bring any extra clothes. What resort you going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭oxysept

I've only every skied in North America never in Europe... Rockies / California.
    I was working there a few years back for a few months and learnt then, I get back once twice a year to friends takes a bit of work to hunt out the cheep deals, uyt they are there.
    Never skied in Montana but been in Banff & Whistler in Canada as well as California, Utah & Colorado
    I've been never been so cold in my life as I was in Squaw Valley CA at 5,500 feet & skid off 12,500 in a tee shirt in Alata Utah ......... layers plenty of them.... facilities are very good at most resorts with lockers at base & mid mountain if you need to peal off some.
    Shuttle busses.. not surprised you don't see info on web sites, there not the done thing in the US they are there, but I've always been able to locate shuttle buses at most places I've skied, try phoning or e-mailing a Hotel or two or the actual resorts.

enjoy the slopes

Advertisement