Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laminate floor in kitchen?

• 11-11-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Would anyone recommend laminate wood flooring in kitchen?
    (Am going down the off-white kitchen presses route and fear cream tiles on floor will look too clinical)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

newhouse wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend laminate wood flooring in kitchen?
    (Am going down the off-white kitchen presses route and fear cream tiles on floor will look too clinical)

Cream or off white kitchen and cream tiles can work very well.

I wouldnt use laminate,as laminate/wooden floors and any water leaks (washing machine or leaky dishwasher) will not mix and the floor will be in sh!t very soon.

Go for a tile floor,and add in a border tile too,to break it up and make a nice contrast,its easy to keep,resists water and spillages,when compared to wood/laminate,and its looks the business too,if done right.

I went down the solid marble tile route with a brown marble border to offset the floor and also to match the cream kitchen and solid wallnut worktops.

It does work well,well everyone who does be in my kitchen thinks so.:)

P.S-Little tip here with off white/cream kitchenis to go for a darker work top (brown marble or solid wallnut) and then a slightly lighter coloured tile or glass splashback,as this brings out the kitchen colour and also sets the floor off too.

It makes the kitchen area seem bigger too.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭newhouse

wow your kitchen looks fantastic! thanks for the advice

Advertisement