Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for boyfriend - first Christmas together

Options
  • 11-11-2010 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

This is my first Christmas with my boyfriend and I want to make it special, I have no idea what to get him though :confused: He's really into Word War 2, Band of Brothers...that kind of thing. Would anyone have any ideas along those lines?

Thanks guys :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Get him a box set of The Pacific?? Made by the same people as Band of Brothers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pacific_(miniseries)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Check out play.com for good deals, and it's free delivery!

Also check out past times, they have loads of war inspired stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Yes the pacific recommended also by my son and husband,my husband said to go to hmv and ask them if they have any of the {Combat} series,it starred VIC MORROW>its good...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭HelenT

You! In a pretty red bow. Should do the trick ;-)

Don't do the jumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Hayzooz

One of the best gifts I got when I was just going out with my then girlfriend was when she brought me out for dinner and then to a pub.

After we left the pub, we were saying our goodbyes at the taxi rank before she told me she'd booked us into the hotel across the road.

We spent the night there and the whole next day too.

I thought she was the best girlfriend in the world after that.
    :)

Edit: That was better than a jumper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

PS3 + Call of Duty: Black Ops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lauragoldilocks

i am also in the same predicament, what to get my boyfriend? i already have a big pressie and we're making one for each other too but i have around €50 left to spend. not into gaming, or music, likes basketball but i got him signed ball for his birthday. he is arty and into his fitness...any suggestions? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

jonnybravo wrote: »
    Get him a box set of The Pacific?? Made by the same people as Band of Brothers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pacific_(miniseries)

the pacific was terrible though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Do not get jumper!! Do not get Jumper!! Do not get Jumper or socks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

How about a selection of war Movies on DVD? Christmas Time is synonymous in our house with The Great Escape, so that, and The Bridge on the River Kwai, The Longest day etc.

Maybe include a jokey one too, like Pearl Harbour? The romance may not interest him, but it does have one of the best aerial battle scenes of any war movie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement