Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clip on mics?

Options
  • 10-11-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭

I put a post up in the video forum but only got one reply and it was a bit dear, I am wondering what would be suitable clip on mics for making a video that wont break the bank but would give a good clear sound. I know there are other things to consider like wind shields etc but a rough idea on such mics would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

http://www.thomann.de/ie/audio_technica_pro_70.htm

these are decent enough and wont break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

I'm looking now do I have to buy the receiver separate. Can one receiver receive multiple mics? One of yous might answer before google does.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Any film I have mixed where lav mics where used was a disaster and required ADR (dialogue replacement) to fix it.
    Stick with booms unless you need a wide shot where booms would be unacceptable.
    Muffled dialogue and clothes rustle are pretty much guaranteed. You also tend to get horrible proximity effect (too much bass frequencies).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Thanks, open to advice on them too.

Advertisement