Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USPS USA to Ireland, Sort facility question.

Options
  • 10-11-2010 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Ordered something from USA last saturday and was wondering how long usps stuff normally takes to get here.
    It's being shipped by first-class letter airmail and shouldn't be stopped by customs (under 22 euro)
    I've checked up on usps online and processing in a sort facility shouldn't take more than 24 hours. Everyone else had seen "international departure" within the 24 hours.
    Has it just been passed on without being scanned or is there something else going on here?

Class: First-Class Mail International
    Service(s): International Letter

Your item was processed through and left our KENT, WA 98032 facility on November 08, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:
    Processed through Sort Facility, November 08, 2010, 11:25 pm, KENT, WA 98032
    Acceptance, November 08, 2010, 4:19 pm, BLAINE, WA 98230

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

if it only left kentucky on the 8th november, you would need to give it a week at least, to get it delivered to you.

7-10 days sometimes longer is average to Ireland with USPS.

From experience with me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Danny_H

I know. I'm not expecting it to be delivered sooner, I'm just wondering why I haven't got an international dispatch message or something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

The tracking probably wont update until after delivery.

I'd allow at least a week to 10 days imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Danny_H

Max Power1 wrote: »
    The tracking probably wont update until after delivery.

I'd allow at least a week to 10 days imo.

That's what I thought, a guy posted on some forum board that he was typing on a computer usps said was still 2000 miles away. Thanks :)

Advertisement