Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad UDID - safe to share?

Options
  • 10-11-2010 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

A while back I got the Art app for the iPhone, and it promised a free iPad upgrade when they got their iPad app up and running.
    Had forgotten about this but got a mail from them today asking for my iPad's UDID in order to unlock the new app.
    Being the cautious fellow I am though, I thought I'd ask first - is it safe to give out my UDID or can...things be done with it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

elWizard wrote: »
    A while back I got the Art app for the iPhone, and it promised a free iPad upgrade when they got their iPad app up and running.
    Had forgotten about this but got a mail from them today asking for my iPad's UDID in order to unlock the new app.
    Being the cautious fellow I am though, I thought I'd ask first - is it safe to give out my UDID or can...things be done with it?

No it's safe. When you buy an app your UDID is sent to the app dev. It is used by the dev to identify who has bought their app and for situations just like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    No it's safe. When you buy an app your UDID is sent to the app dev. It is used by the dev to identify who has bought their app and for situations just like this!

Ok great, thanks a mil for the response Jakmeehan!

Advertisement