Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running bags for your back

Options
  • 10-11-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All;

Can any one recommend a good bag where i can fit my work clothes in and be able to put it on my back and run home. I dont want the bag to be moving around on me etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just make sure it has a waist strap to stop it moving.

Camelbak are a brand Ive heard of, but dont own, I got a cheap and cheerful one in Tesco for €15, it had a water bladder, but thats long gone. Its small, narrow and light, as long as you dont need to fit much in it it might do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Deuter do a good range.
    My other half uses this one for running to work, and I use the same one for cycling. It's very comfortable and has a kind of separator between your back & the bag to stop your back getting as sweaty.
    Got it in an outdoors shop for about €50.

He has had his nearly two years, I've had mine about 18 months and they're both still goin strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The OMM Classic (25 or 32L) and the Innov8 Race Elites are both great bags and not too expensive. I have both an OMM Classic 32L and an Innov8 Race Pro 12L (similar to an Elite but comes with a water bladder) myself. Given the choice, I'd probably go for the OMM myself having experience of running with it on my back over two days on previous occasions.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭airscotty

Im getting one of these from Amphibian King in Bray.

http://www.inov-8.com/Products-Detail.asp?PG=PG2&L=26&P=5050973017

Seems to be one of the best. You can pack in a good amount of kit into it and it compresses down pretty well if you dont have as much kit to carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Thanks alot for the replies, i like the look of the deuter one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

I'd also go for the Innov 8 race elite. It's a great bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

Thanks alot for the replies, i like the look of the deuter one.

I have one of the deuter bags and I can't recommend them highly enough.. very comfortable....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

On of the draw backs of buying these types of bags online is that it can be hard to get an idea of size and how much you'll be able to fit in them. If you're near Dublin I'd recommend dropping into Base Camp on Abbey Street, they have a lot of trail running and adventure sports stuff, including a good selection of those inov8 bags. Their customer service is quite good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Puck wrote: »
    If you're near Dublin I'd recommend dropping into Base Camp on Abbey Street, they have a lot of trail running and adventure sports stuff, including a good selection of those inov8 bags. Their customer service is quite good too.

+1

Good selection of bags and other gear.

I got an OMM bag there. It looks great, I'll try it out this weekend.

Advertisement