Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii acessories and dealextreme

Options
  • 10-11-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

I was just checking out dealextreme and I see htey have a lot of Wii acessories.

I was wondering are they any good?
    Does anyone have any experience of them?

I was looking for a decent charger and I saw some cheap motion plus stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Delivery is slow. I've had to wait over a month for parts to ship, on occasion, but expect at least 2 weeks and you're unlikely to be too put out by any unexpected delays. Been using them for years, only one package failed to arrive and they (eventually) re-dispatched with a couple of extra goodies for me. Their customer care is tough to deal with 'cause it's in Hong Kong, so they generally respond to your mail/ticket when you're asleep and vice versa. A conversation can take the guts of a week. If all else fails, if you're reasonable but firm in your complaint on the forum you usually get a result.

I've bought a number of charging cables for my DS, SD cards, stylus, replacement touchscreen overlays and a replacement DS housing. Everything was as described and I've never bought anything that didn't turn out to be worth at least what I paid for it, which is usually not much! Haven't ever bought an AC adapter off them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I have a couple of classic controllers from them, one is perfect, the other a shoulder button doesn't work. A couple of remotes, the buttons are much less responsive and one gets "forgotten" by the wii, definitely the worst of the controllers I have bought from them.

Their Quality Control is iffy but for additional, occassionally used, extra controllers, they do the job ok. They are slow to deliver, but so far I have got everything I paid for. Not sure about their Motion Plus add ons.

Advertisement