Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Wildfire or Desire

Options
  • 10-11-2010 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

I can get the Wildfire for free on a new contract or the Desire for €100. I was wondering if there is that much of a difference between them that would be noticeable for a moderate phone user to justify the cost differences.

I'll use it for calls, text and some web access and occasionally the camera though that's not that important. I won't use any social networking apps.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Not really much point getting a smartphone if you are only using such a limited set of functions.

Why not get a Nokia or a Sony where the battery and camera will be better.

However i would suggest you get to play around with a good smartphone to see the possible full functions available.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭JayMul

I bought a desire the other day, great phone, seems the main difference is in the larger amoled screen and higher resolution. This will really help when using the web and viewing photos. Get the desire imo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I had a choice of both for €50 with the plan I was on. Went with the wildfire cause I preferred the shape. It's fine but nothiin mad. I mostly wanted it for the 5mp camera, and those photos are absolutely terrible.

I guess this thread is pointing towards the desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The camera on either is pretty bad by todays standards.

I'd grab a nokia if you're only going to be using a little bit of web.

If you actually will use the smartphones capabilities in the area, get the Desire. The Wildfire is strictly a low cost low entry model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

dont see the point in getting a smart phone if thats all you'll use it for. id go for a sony camera phone which will have much better photo results and longer battery as someone else already said. if going for smartphone though: then a tight budget = wildfire, much better phone = desire

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭JayMul

Yeh the battery life on the HTC Desire isn't great and I gather the Wildfire is only slightly better due to the smaller TFT screen. I would advise against Nokia phones, Nokia software is still stuck in 2001. Maybe have a look at the Sony Ericsson Xperia.

Advertisement