Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free VPN for BBC iPlayer

Options
  • 10-11-2010 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Came across this while I was surfing -
    It's a free VPN service that gives you a uk IP address - seems to work well with BBC iPlayer. Only snag is that it's ad supported (banner at top of browser window). However this disappears if you watch full screen.

I'm currently subscribing to a paid VPN - which has always worked very well for me.

Here's a speed comparison:

No VPN (Smart Telecom)

1024049288.png

1024052014.png

1024054070.png

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Works fine however Avast keeps throwing up this for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

My gut feeling is that it's a legitimate enough site so I reckon that avast is probably giving you a false positive. Might be worth contacting Avast/Expat shield.
    Interestingly it also seems to work well with - allows you to download DRM free ipod compatible files.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

digitaldr wrote: »
    My gut feeling is that it's a legitimate enough site so I reckon that avast is probably giving you a false positive. Might be worth contacting Avast/Expat shield.
    Interestingly it also seems to work well with iplayer downloader - allows you to download DRM free ipod compatible files.

Their not DRM Free, any download I ever got requires Windows Media Player DRM to work (connects to BBC and checks your IP Address) however it only does that once initially when you open the file.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

digitaldr wrote: »
    Came across this while I was surfing -

does this work with xbmc iplayer?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Off topic (nothing to do with satellite TV), against the charter (trying to circumvent geo-blocking) and against the terms of use of the BBC iPlayer.

Thread closed. Ban for anyone that tries to raise this again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement