Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GARDA MOTORCYCLISTS Beware of....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Garda VIP drivers.

Traffic bike nearly gets T Boned by EU Commissioners car at Government buildings.

40 seconds in.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1108/economy.html#video

Yes I saw that.

Maybe 30 secs in.:)

Maybe the Traffic Garda motorcyclist should have known that the state car was going to turn in. Not sure if state car indicated, but that is a failing of Mercedes drivers.

I take it the state car was driven by a Garda too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I know is the ES forum, but it should be all bikers beware. Everytime I get o one of my bikes I take it for granted someone who pull out etc on me. I was riding at Sunday on a country road and some idiot left something solid in the middle of the road, my back brake lever is at 90 degrees, my foot was there too. If it wasn't for my boots I reckon a broken foot was on the cards. It's not the first time this has happened.

Sadly people don't think of bikes, I know you can't tar everyone with that, but it happens a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Klunk001

Ye, I saw that one the other night on tv alright. I think the Merc was actually indicating right at the time. I was trying to figure what the outriders next move was going to be as he went up along side the merc. Got the foot down quick enough though:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

The FJR's ABS probably helped! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

If he drove a pan he'd be in one door and out the other before he stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Klunk001 wrote: »
    Ye, I saw that one the other night on tv alright. I think the Merc was actually indicating right at the time. I was trying to figure what the outriders next move was going to be as he went up along side the merc. Got the foot down quick enough though:eek:

I'd say tunnel vision kicked in(dangerous for any rider), chasing the pack to the front of the convoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Corcioch

If he drove a pan he'd be in one door and out the other before he stopped.

Without a shadow of a doubt . . .disaster to stop them yokes

Advertisement