Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unmarked car with green light

Options
  • 09-11-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi guys. I saw a silver car today at 4pm heading northbound on the M9 around Mullinavat. Couldn't make out type of car as I was on opposite side of M9 and concrete barrier blocked lower half of car.
    There was a green dash mounted led flashing and at the rear in the centre of the parcel shelf was a red led flashing.
    Just wondering if anyone knows who or what service it might be ? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

doctor on (emergency)call...i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Normally these are Doctor-on-Call vehicles. Although I don't believe there is any legislation which permits them to use green flashing lights, but then again neither is there any legislation which would prohibit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

ILA wrote: »
    Normally these are Doctor-on-Call vehicles. Although I don't believe there is any legislation which permits them to use green flashing lights, but then again neither is there any legislation which would prohibit it.
    God dont open that can of worms lol - done to death a couple of pages down.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Indeed it was!
    sdonn wrote: »
    God dont open that can of worms lol - done to death a couple of pages down.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Without opening the can of worms that is 'flashing lights', the answer to your question, posted by a member of the Traffic Corps, is here.
    ILA wrote: »

• Advertisement

Question has been answered in the linked post above, and has been asked quite a few times on this forum. Car was most likely a doctor on call or on an emergency. Have a read of the thread I linked to in Post #5 to learn more on the legislation covering flashing lights.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement