Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doggy Day Care Galway

Options
  • 09-11-2010 9:55pm

I am wondering is there any doggy day care in Galway at all. I may be going back to work part time and I am looking for someone to take care of my little princess during the day. I had heard about it in Dublin but was wondering was there such thing in Galway or any body who u would recommend. Thank you.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

was wondering that myself the other day just out of curiousity

don't know of any but will let you know if I hear of anything:)

BTW I presume you mean galway city?
    because I know there is a lady on boards called thedogspajamas I think who boards dogs in her home but she is out the country
    but if that suits you maybe PM her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

What part of Galway are you living in OP? I am setting up dog walking/day care in January, in the Monivea/Menlough area

fair play tranceypoo, hope it goes well for you:)
    If I know of anyone looking for day care I'll send them your way

Cheers Magentas, think I will need all the help I can get in these times!!

Yes Im in the Galway city area but Oranmore/ Carnmore would also b convienent.

• Advertisement

Hmm, yeh Carnmore/Oranmore would be a bit too far afield for me initially but I will certainly keep you posted. Have you googled it? I must admit when I was looking for a dog walker on this side of Galway I found nothing, I found one in Galway city and she may cover Oranmore, can't remember what it was called but I just found out by googling 'dog-walkers Galway'. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Sorry OP I don't know but would be interested if anyone could recommend someone in Loughrea area? Would like to leave my dogs in once/twice a week if I could afford it.

Best of luck Tranceypoo, are you planning on doing home boarding as well?

Tillygirl, yes I would like to do the home boarding as well but will start off with the walking/cat sitting/day care thing first and see how it goes and if I even get any takers around here, there are a lot of dogs left outside houses and not walked that I see when I'm out walking my own dog but whether they'll be willing to pay me to walk them etc is another story, fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Cool can you drop me a PM when you are up and running with your rates etc, thanks :D

Gladly, I only just moved from Loughrea after 7 years actually so I'm hoping to expand over to that area as well, when I was looking for walkers/day care I couldn't find anyone covering that part of Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

EGAR as a rescue and I myself as a private person can highly recommend Barkin Mad: http://www.Barkinmad.ie

The girls are compassionate, VERY knowledgeable and have great rates. I would leave my own dogs and any of my rescues in their care without a second thought.

Egar, would you happen to know what area Lucy covers? I was looking at the website there and it doesn't say if she just covers the city and/or certain parts of the county. Thanks TP

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lolalane

I know someone in the moycullen area who is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 speedy1976

Hi guys, just reading your post about dog walking etc. I've been looking into starting my own dog sitting business. I have a Labrador Retriever myself and have been doing some fostering with the Galwayspca. The job I currently work at is finishing in a few weeks so this is something I am looking into as I love spending time with the little furry friends. I find it difficult myself to find someone to mind my own dog when I have to go away or if anything comes up unexpected. Hense the idea to run my own dog sitting. I have started up a facebook page, dogsittinggalway to get feelers out if anyone would be interested.

I am based in the headford road area, and will be offering dog walking, dog sitting were I would pop in and check on your dog in their own home, feed, water them and bring them for a walk. This saves on sending them to boarding kennels, were they can get stressed out. I will also be offering a taxi service were I will bring your pet to the vets or groomers for anyone who does not have transport of there own...

If anyone has any ideas on this venture let me know, I open to suggestions...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

There is at least one dog walking business in Galway city.

Check them out here (I can't verify if they are good or bad, have no links/affiliation with them but they are certified in canine first aid and members of PetSit International).

Hi, does anyone know of anyone/where in Galway city or salthill/knocknacarra/barna area that provides doggy day care besides trusty pet pals?
    Just checked out their website and they won't take dogs that aren't nuetered/spayed so anyone that doesn't have this criteria please

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

hi there is on called trusy pet pals in Briarhill Industrial park in Galway info below from facebook: Basic Information
    Location 42 Briarhill Business Park, Briarhill, Galway, n/a Galway, Ireland
    About DOGGIE DAY CARE CENTRE ~ DOG TRAINING ~ PET GROOMING ~ PET SUPPLIES ~ PET SITTING ~ PET TAXI ~ DOG WALKING
    Parking Parking Lot
    Email trustypetpals@gmail.com
    Phone 091 380 380
    Website http://www.trustypetpals.com

Advertisement