Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'02 Ford Fiesta LX 1.3 (UK) cutting out randomly

Options
  • 09-11-2010 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

So I have a 2002 Ford Fiesta LX, 1.3 litre. It's originally from Northern Ireland, and they don't actually do my model in the Republic. It was cutting out randomly when I was slowing up to junctions and pressing the clutch. I brought it to the garage, where, after checking the spark plugs, they ordered a new Idle Air Control valve, as well as the other part that works with the IAC valve (alternator/altimeter or something?).

This stopped the stalling for a day or two, but it's back to its old tricks again. I rang the mechanic back and he thinks it could be something to do with the fuel pump.

Does anyone have any advice for me or suggestions?
    Cheers.
    Tagged:

Advertisement