Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera Mobile web browser (BETA) is in the market!!

Options
  • 09-11-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

just installing now, will update post after i play around a bit.
    i tried all the browsers, and opera mini is the only one for me, due to its insane speed, i hope mobile have everything improved.

that is slightly biased though, as i used opera as my desktop browser too...

qr link for the lazy ones...
    qrcode.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Had a quick read of that today and nothing stood out to me that mini couldn't do ?
    What would be the main advantage over mini ? Having only enough space for one or the other I'm sticking with mini until someone convinces me otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

well after downloading it via an apk, because the market was just stalling for hours on downloading, and then installing, i cant open it. it starts, but then exites (or crashes, with no force close pop up)

so i havent used it at all yet. i know its a beta, but thats stupid. it says it works for android 1.6+, so i assume its not my Hero's fault? (2.1, rooted)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    well after downloading it via an apk, because the market was just stalling for hours on downloading, and then installing, i cant open it. it starts, but then exites (or crashes, with no force close pop up)

so i havent used it at all yet. i know its a beta, but thats stupid. it says it works for android 1.6+, so i assume its not my Hero's fault? (2.1, rooted)

used it myself for a bit, but could not see it offering anything (to me) that the stock browser did not so for 15mbs it was essentially a waste of space and I removed it.

looked nice tho!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Tea_Bag wrote: »

I have the same problem on the desire 2.2. Also it's a huge whack of memory and I'm happy to use Mini. I don't even know what advantages there are to using the mobile version over mini....

Advertisement