Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brick Lane on Friday night

Options
  • 09-11-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Hallo,

About 8 of us are going to Brick Lane for a meal at about 8pm this Friday. I've been there a couple of times but never on a Friday. Just wondering if we should book a table? We're reluctant to do that as we can probably haggle a pretty good deal if we show up in a big group. The flip side of course is that if everywhere is packed then we're screwed. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Hallo,

About 8 of us are going to Brick Lane for a meal at about 8pm this Friday. I've been there a couple of times but never on a Friday. Just wondering if we should book a table? We're reluctant to do that as we can probably haggle a pretty good deal if we show up in a big group. The flip side of course is that if everywhere is packed then we're screwed. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Don't worry about it! You'll defo get a place somewhere. The places will pull a few tables together for you somehow - anything to get your business. So unless you have a specific place in mind just wander along. The last time I was there on a Friday night a few weeks ago with two mates we negotiated starters, mains, poppadoms, naans, and 2 pints of beer for £10 each... We weren't even that hungry but I got carried away by the whole bargaining process :pac: I <3 Brick Lane food, nom nom nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Just thought I'd let people know that we went to a pretty interesting place in the end:

http://www.lahore-kebabhouse.com/

It's just off Commerical St, about 15 minutes from Brick Lane. The place is basically just a huge hall with lines of tables. It' looks more like some sort of Salvation Army soup kitchen than restaurant. The food is delicious and really cheap but the best part is that you can bring your own booze and there is no corkage charge!* We had a load of cans, bottles of wine etc.

Perfect place to go before a night out!

*EDIT: One or two mentioned that this is generally the case in most places on Brick Lane. Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Brick Lane is purely overflow for this place:
    http://www.tayyabs.co.uk/
    :D

Animal food, great prices, and think they take reservations (never tried actually but they do get VERY busy).

Advertisement