Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosieres 97-86 kerosene range and big bang!!

Options
  • 09-11-2010 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Rosieres 97-86 oil range in the kitchen....yes I know it is old about 35 years.

Recently I'm having major problems with it. In short. intermittently the flame get extinguished. The system is gravity fed so the oil keeps flowing and reignites with a bang causing the plates to jump and covering the whole kitchen in a fine oily soot.

I have tried everything to diagnose and fix the problem – cleaned the oil feed pipe, keep a window open/ajar to ensure that it is not been starved of oxygen, thoroughly cleaned the system but all to no avail.

I have tried to contact the Rosieres service agent in Dublin (GIAS Service) but the number no longer works.

Is there anybody out there that is familiar with this type of range.

Could I retrofit a modern burner into an old range?

Advertisement