Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading Week

Options
  • 09-11-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with this? on the term dates thing it says theres a "study/review week" just before the christmas holidays. I thought that this was "reading week" but one of our lecturers says its next week and we dont have that lectures for that subject that week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

never heard about that happening before. Study/reading week is always the week after the last week of term, the lecturer must be mixed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Pretty sure lectures finish on December 10th and the Reading/Study week is 13th - 17th. Doubt that has changed..

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Redisle wrote: »
    Pretty sure lectures finish on December 10th and the Reading/Study week is 13th - 17th. Doubt that has changed..

Those are the dates and tbh, I'd be very surprised if they had changed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

So what is this reading week? All my exams will be done before the 9th of December, and we won't have any assignments essays etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's basically a week off unless you want to use it to catch up on the terms work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

So no lectures, tutorials etc.? Just the library, offices etc. happen to be open as normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JohnyDarko

Cian92 wrote: »
    So what is this reading week? All my exams will be done before the 9th of December, and we won't have any assignments essays etc...

Some of us have our final exams in January so we can then go on work placement in March :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

In the review week a lecturer can put on a review sesion (voluntary on students). However if they attempt to use it to lecture new/examinable material then you should report them asap

Advertisement