Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with JVC Mini-DV Camcorder

Options
  • 09-11-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hi, i take it this is the right Forum:

I have a school camcorder on loan for a CSPE Project! I'm using a Windows Vista Computer with no Firewire or Mini-Firewire port... Was wondering is there any way that it can be connected to get video from it as i have the USB - Mini firewire cable, but this is getting "USB Device is Unrecognised"!

The camcorders model number is JVC GR-D270

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Waking-Dreams

I have a GR-D260, which is probably the model before yours but had the same issue with trying to connect it via USB 2.0 connections to the laptop. It seems to need a firewire port, which I once had on my tower (R.I.P.)

I could be wrong, but I think you will need to connect it to a firewire port or she won't be much use.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,119 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Can you use it with an sd card?

and you a card reader?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paulclan

jwcurtin wrote: »
    Hi, i take it this is the right Forum:

I have a school camcorder on loan for a CSPE Project! I'm using a Windows Vista Computer with no Firewire or Mini-Firewire port... Was wondering is there any way that it can be connected to get video from it as i have the USB - Mini firewire cable, but this is getting "USB Device is Unrecognised"!

The camcorders model number is JVC GR-D270

use one of these to make things happen:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Laptop-PCMCIA-Firewire-USB-2-Combo-Card-/1904069

there are also ones without the USB2 BUT AS THE LATITUDE I was using was only USB1 I chose the combination.You may do with the software that comes with these, but I think some proper DV editing program will be best.Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 WeNeedChange

Advertisement