Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on moving piano and tuning

Options
  • 08-11-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm living in Slane and need to move my piano from one room to another in my house. Its an upright piano and thankfully it is on the ground floor and the room its being moved to is also on the ground floor. However, I have wooden floors and I dont want to destroy them by moving the piano across them. Besides, I've read that the casters on pianos are really just for decoration and could possibly damage the legs if attempted to wheel it about the house.

Has anyone any idea if a piano dolly can be hired anywhere? If so, have you any idea on the price of the rental? I'd also like to know if anyone can recommend a piano tuner to me. I'm thinking that once the piano is moved to its new location, that it should be left to settle and a tuner should be hired to re-tune the piano.

Fingers crossed somebody has some info that might be of use to me.
    Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Carlosk

Advertisement