Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Acquisition on Mac

Options
  • 08-11-2010 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

My acquisition on my MacBook is in a permanent state of 'connecting' showing a red icon but it never turns to green. It has been like this for a week or so now. I thought it was a fault with my wifi but it doesn't seem to be the problem. Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

:confused: You're going to need to provide a bit more info that this if you seriously expect an answer !!

What is it you're trying to acquisition ?
    What's going Red that should be Green ?
    Is the answer 9 ?

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Google says Acquisition is a P2P app.

I'm going to go ahead and hazard a guess that you need to forward your ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭doh777

similar problem here.

for about a month.

any solutions?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Have you forwarded the ports?

I don't know what that means. How would I go about that?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

bump this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Had a brief read through some of the web pages but it is above me.

Is it just a case of entering some correct new numbers in the

Gnutella and Bittorrent port boxes in the 'preferences/network/connectivity'

section of Acquisition?

All help thus far appreciated.

Connecting...

bump.

• Advertisement

anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You need to open ports in your router. This is a very common thing and there are plenty of guides online, but how you do it depends on the router. If you post what router you have someone might be able to help. Or have a look at this thread on the broadband forum.

ok. thanks for the quick reply. been looking to solve this for awhile now.

with BT. router : voyager 210

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Here is a link how to port forward on your router.

In the guide they port forward and Xbox 360 but for you, you would need to define what port(s) you want open in the acquisition app, find out the IP address on your mac and then just input those details into the modem config page just as it says in the guide.

Advertisement