Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daylight Saving Time - short film made with Flash

Options
  • 08-11-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hello,

I've made a short film called "Daylight Saving Time" that uses Trace Bitmap in Flash to give the film its look.

Check it out on Youtube here.

Please watch and if you like it I'd really appreciate if you share it & send it on (Facebook / Twitter / email etc...)

DST_800_sml.jpg

My background is in web and multimedia development but I'm also a filmmaker so this was a way of combining them both. Any questions about the work flow just post and I'll be happy to reply.

Film was funded by Irish Film Board under the Virtual Cinema scheme.

Full cast and crew details:
    http://www.brothersgonnaworkitout.com/DST/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jaydeluxe

Mark – Rory Keenan
    CEO – Enda Oates

Written, Directed and Produced by Jason Butler & Brendan Butler
    Director of Photography – Stevie Russell
    Sound – Paddy Hanlon
    Production Manager – Kate McEvoy
    Production Design – Susan Dolan
    Editing – Jason Butler
    Editing Assistant – Berni Stack
    Music – Jason Butler

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Really quite enjoyed that and with all shorts the ending tied it up nicely. The one thing that got me as a bit out of place was the sound for the stabbing... sounded a bit artificial or something.

What process did you use to make it look like it does? Is it just a feature in Adobe Flash? Pretty cool I must say.

Advertisement