Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Marijuana Was Decriminalised, We Would Have A Great Health System!

Options
  • 08-11-2010 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Think about it...

With the tax earned from tourism and marijuana sales, we could fund our current ****ty health system and transform it, using the French model, into one of the best in the world...

We could also use the tax money to research new vaccines, medicines, medical education, treatments, equipment etc....Well, thats a poetic note - and I can dream cant I...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,328 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Ming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Really? So even though the French pay around 40% in basic tax to help support their health system, by just decriminalising marijuana, we could generate the same amount of income.

Ok.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Another week, another thread about the legalization of marijuana. Is there anyway any thread with marijuana or cannabis in the title can get automatically merged with all the other threads? Someone write some code. I'll only end up crashing all the internets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

farna_boy wrote: »
    Really? So even though the French pay around 40% in basic tax to help support their health system, by just decriminalising marijuana, we could generate the same amount of income.

Ok.:rolleyes:

Look at the population of france compared with us...theres more people in central Paris than our entire state.
    Sanjuro wrote: »
    Another week, another thread about the legalization of marijuana. Is there anyway any thread with marijuana or cannabis in the title can get automatically merged with all the other threads? Someone write some code. I'll only end up crashing all the internets.

Usually, Id agree but most other threads are intended for a different discussion. It could do our health service wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

why stop at Marajuana .... why not legalise them all and create jobs selling crack on street corners...that'll help the economy !!

Can picture them down on Moore Street now !!!

"Apples, oranges ...coke and heroine !! "

or outside the AVIVA ..... "Hats Scarves and weed ...get yer hats scarves and weed"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Marijuana is legal in France now? When did this happen?

Advertisement