Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing Noticiation - Desire HD

Options
  • 08-11-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Was transferring some photos from old phone to HTC Desire HD via Bluetooth and lost connection.
    I now have a permanent bluetooth notification icon in notification bar saying "null" wants to transfer file no bytes. Accept or decline. Selecting either does nothing.
    I assume the HTC no longer knows where "null" device is. Is there anyway to clear this notification without a factory reset.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Was transferring some photos from old phone to HTC Desire HD via Bluetooth and lost connection.
    I now have a permanent bluetooth notification icon in notification bar saying "null" wants to transfer file no bytes. Accept or decline. Selecting either does nothing.
    I assume the HTC no longer knows where "null" device is. Is there anyway to clear this notification without a factory reset.

Maybe go into Settings->Applications->Manage Applications-> And look for bluetooth-> and maybe clear data! If you do you'll probably loose paired devices etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Em? Turn off bluetooth? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Em? Turn off bluetooth? :confused:

No, that doesn't work on the Legend, it refuses to go away! I think it's a bug in HTC Sense! Even After a soft reset (Battery pulled out).

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Try shutting down the phone and restarting

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

I also have a message that wont go away. I missed a call from Italy and there is a message saying 'New Voicemail - Voicemail number unknown' and when i click on it I get an alert message saying 'Missing voicemail number. No voicemail number is stored on the SIM Card' with the options to click Ok or Add number. Clicking on either will not resolve the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Cork Skate wrote: »
    I also have a message that wont go away. I missed a call from Italy and there is a message saying 'New Voicemail - Voicemail number unknown' and when i click on it I get an alert message saying 'Missing voicemail number. No voicemail number is stored on the SIM Card' with the options to click Ok or Add number. Clicking on either will not resolve the issue.
    I suggest checking your voicemail. Usually calling 171.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

That voicemai notification drives me mad, there's no way to get rid of it bar listening to voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Soft reset sorted this,thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Soft reset sorted this,thanks for the help

Just to be sure, how are you doing the Soft Reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Cork Skate wrote: »
    Just to be sure, how are you doing the Soft Reset?

Battery pulled out

• Advertisement
Advertisement