Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Day Protest?

Options
  • 08-11-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Is there a protest planned for budget day? Just wondering..seeing as though everyone in the country is gona be pretty miffed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Is there a protest planned for budget day? Just wondering..seeing as though everyone in the country is gona be pretty miffed.

Im in .. we can organise one here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Wouldn't that be a little too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be a little too late?

No.

Start a event on facebook and watch it explode, invite everyone, snowball effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

There is a protest apparently being held on the budget day. However having read what went on with the paint throwing over Harney and then the Student protest I won't be partaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

How can you organize a protest when you don't even know what you're protesting against. FFS - Grow up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Far too cold to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Quazzie wrote: »
    How can you organize a protest when you don't even know what you're protesting against. FFS - Grow up!

:eek: ehhhhh...m'beavis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

We need to get some "Down With This Sort Of Thing" placards made up.

Solidarity, brothers and sisters.

Quazzie say's he's not goin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

nah we'll all be on Boards have a good bitch,
    while simultaneously being hilariously witty and getting thanks like a motherfúcker

• Advertisement

mickrock wrote: »
    We need to get some "Down With This Sort Of Thing" placards made up.

Solidarity, brothers and sisters.

Careful Now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    Im in .. we can organise one here :)

Please don't let AH become a platform for this crap..

if you're going to protest then have a cause and a set of proposals lined up beforehand, and not just do it because you don't like how things presently are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

The problem with the protests in Ireland is that the hard left and idle trouble makers get involved and turn a protest into an attempted riot.

Notice that just about the only protests that go off well are for the disabled or the elderly, IE groups it would be difficult to infultrate and start attacking the Gardai from. I'm not saying nobody will ever throw a wheelchair (hopefully empty) or a zimmerframe, but you see the logical line.

A general protest anyone can attend it more likely than not to end in violence caused by the 0.01%

if you're going to protest then have a cause and a set of proposals lined up beforehand, and not just do it because you don't like how things presently are

Im a student, protesting is my fav past time :D
    Missed the last one... which is a good thing after seeing how it turned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

AH users will be pleased to know that their favourite political party is holding a protest on December 4, just before the Budget:

Sinn Fein will hold a national demonstration in Dublin on 4/12/10 :D

how about freedom of speech or expression of opinion on public forums!?

Nijmegen wrote: »
    The problem with the protests in Ireland is that the hard left and idle trouble makers get involved and turn a protest into an attempted riot.

Notice that just about the only protests that go off well are for the disabled or the elderly, IE groups it would be difficult to infultrate and start attacking the Gardai from. I'm not saying nobody will ever throw a wheelchair (hopefully empty) or a zimmerframe, but you see the logical line.

A general protest anyone can attend it more likely than not to end in violence caused by the 0.01%

another reaon why Im glad I missed the student protests during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've no problems with peaceful protests but you haven't said what you are protesting against and you would also need to provide some alternative solutions to whatever it is you are protesting against.

Anyway I've no money for mars bars!

jester77 wrote: »
    I've no problems with peaceful protests but you haven't said what you are protesting against and you would also need to provide some alternative solutions to whatever it is you are protesting against.

Anyway I've no money for mars bars!

I will be protesting about the lack of protests.

Advertisement