Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the cheapest you've gone skiing/boarding for?

Options
  • 08-11-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm currently plannning a trip for Jan/Feb.. money is tight this year so budget is going to be pretty tight this yer (not as if it was ever high mind you).

Just wondering what other people spend when going on winter hols? I'm talking about flights/accom/transfers and ski rental.

Last year I went to Livigno on a €349 package from Topflight and an extra €345 for extras like ski pass and rental (no lessons) - Total= €694

I understand that this isn't really that bad compared to what you could easily be spending

I'd love to hear what other people are paying and how they are keeping it cheap. It'd be great to hear from people who have not used tour companies and booked everything seperately themselves and how it worked out.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

We go as a group - and we've imposed certain minimums on the holiday, but we always look for the best value. Which means booking it seperately - the trick is getting a cheap flight to Austria. So we keep our eyes peeled for good bargains.

Say last year, Saalbach:
    Ryanair to Salzberg: €78
    Private Transfer to Saalbach: €50
    4* hotel, pool, HB (centre of town): €592
    Ski pass: €191
    School + rental: €224

So in total, it was just over €1100 for everything except your spending money. Some people didn't take the school option, so it was about €1000. The equivalent from direct ski is €949 for hotel, transfer & flight. So we saved over €200 doing it ourselves. Which isn't too shabby.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not sure actually. Must have had some package deal for something around the €3?? mark, and I've not have been booking for lessons or equipment hire either most times I've been. Anything else in the difference just get spent on beer though. Total spend on various trips would probably range from about €600 - €14,000 once you factor in all the extras that you think of whilst out there. All totally worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

We've gone before for under €300

This Jan is working out at €383

A breakdown of the costs is...
    Ryanair flights €66 (pre paid mastercard)
    Ski carriage €80 (2 x sets of ski's in a board bag)
    1 extra bag €30
    Accomodation 1 bed apartment €255
    Cleaning tax €34
    Local tax €36.40
    Ski pass 6 days €266 (2 people)

Total cost is €767.40 which works out at €383.70

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

We've gone before for under €300

This Jan is working out at €383

A breakdown of the costs is...
    Ryanair flights €66 (pre paid mastercard)
    Ski carriage €80 (2 x sets of ski's in a board bag)
    1 extra bag €30
    Accomodation 1 bed apartment €255
    Cleaning tax €34
    Local tax €36.40
    Ski pass 6 days €266 (2 people)

Total cost is €767.40 which works out at €383.70

destination?

OP I think the price you got last year is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

a148pro wrote: »
    destination?

Oberstdorf