Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson's new song

Options
  • 08-11-2010 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,486 ✭✭✭✭

I bet it's dead good. :pac:

link
    new track by Michael Jackson has been streamed on his website amid claims the vocals are not his own.

Breaking News starts with a montage of news clips about the King of Pop while the lyrics cover media's obsession him.

Recorded in New Jersey in 2007, the track is from a new album of previously unreleased songs.

The collection, entitled Michael, is set for release next month but has caused anger amongst the Jackson family.

They believe the singer would not have wanted the material released and claim Breaking News does not contain Michael's voice.

"If Michael had wanted this music released he would have done so before his death,"Brian Oxman, a lawyer for Joe Jackson, said in a statement on Friday.

535-MICHAEL-COVER

Jackson's new album Michael will be released in December

He added: "The songs which are being released on the new album were unfinished and incomplete tracks that Michael said over and over many times he never wanted released. We should honour Michael's wishes."

But the Jackson's record label has dismissed the claims.

Sony Epic Records said it has "complete confidence in the results of our extensive research as well as the accounts of those who were in the studio with Michael that the vocals on the new album are his own".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

A cover version of Eminem's .. Guess Who's Back?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Being dead never stopped Tupac, he release about a dozen albums after he died, never let a little thing like death stand in the way of chart success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

This new album has to be a contender for worst album cover art of all time. Not even the most rabid of his fans would create that cover. Hideous and tasteless, nice work lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Heard it this morning on the Ian Demspey show.

Simply woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,010 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I couldn't hear it, because someone was coffin in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I couldn't hear it, because someone was coffin in the background.

You cadaver bit more respect to be honest. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I thought it was a cover version of Alive by Pearl Jam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

The family are annoyed that the record company got their "unreleased footage" album out before they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Mad decay on the track. Makes it really hard to get in to.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    You cadaver bit more respect to be honest. :(

Not wishing to offend any others, I'll put the lid on it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I heard they're making a new Thriller! video with Michael. Apparantely the 2 hours of makeup aren't needed this time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

killer beat

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Just so I'm clear, did he record this before he died?

Diapason wrote: »
    Just so I'm clear, did he record this before he died?

No, don't be silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I'm waiting for Tupac to sample it for his new single.

Advertisement